Sunday, April 12, 2009

How to 'Tone' your trouble spots like bingo wings, arm fat, love handles, chest fat and belly fat. . what if told you you couldn't?

I know i told you i was going to tell you how to 'Tone' your trouble spots like bingo wings, arm fat, love handles, chest fat and belly fat. . what if told you that this was impossible and you couldn't? I know it would come as a shock but it actually is an impossibility to tone just your trouble spots.

Tone is another big misconception among the general training population! I even seen a television programme recently with some dumb arse trainer, he had an overweight woman doing tricep kick backs, and mislead her into thinking it was going to 'tone' her arms and help her lose fat on her arms. . You can't tone fat! My apologies but I may get a little antagonistic here. . I get angry when I hear the term 'Tone' as it causes so many dedicated people to do things all wrong!

The word TONE is a big misconception! There is no such thing as 'TONING' a muscle muscles either get

1.Bigger

2.Smaller

Now i know what your saying. . .

'I don't want big muscles!!!!!'

I understand that... women will not get big muscles no matter how hard they try... unless of course you have a good anabolic steroids dealer? Do you? Women lack adequate amounts of the anabolic hormones men possess: testosterone! So you have nothing to worry about! All training heavy and hard is going to do is burn fat, 'tone' and make you lean and sexy!

Now your muscles may get A LITTLE bigger but you will lose fat at the same time and you will remain the EXACT same size... just look far better?!

Sounds like a plan eh?

That is 'TONE'. . well at least what people are looking for when they refer to tone.

----> Reduction in body fat and simultaneous maintenance or slight increase in muscle

I know what you are thinking now. . .

'Ok so do i do this?'

You have one or more of the following: bingo wings, bat wings, upper arm fat, love handles or man boobs so it makes sense to focus on those areas, right? Nope! At first it seems to makes sense, but after thinking about it you'll understand why focusing on your trouble spots is not the solution to fixing them. This is the biggest obstacle trainees face is listening and changing their training. This is essential, especially when it comes to fat loss.

I like to describe it like this. .

'If I take a bucket of water out of the corner of a swimming pool, the water comes from the swimming pool as a whole...not just one section of it'

You get the idea? You have to train your whole body as a unit to reduce bodyfat, your blood stream supplies the energy (in the form of fat) to your muscles, yes? You cannot select where the fat comes from, your body does! It may seem logical for your body to go to fat stores closest to the muscle for energy but it doesn't! Blood flows around your body and the fat that is being used may have been picked up from your thighs or your back not your belly or bingo wings! You don't have control over this aspect of fat loss! Live with it.

Fat will be lost, more often than not, in the reverse order it was put on. Almost everone started puttin on weight in one are first then another etc and the last place to put on nasty bodyfat is usually the first to lose it. Metabolic type work and a clean diet is the key to fat loss, doesn't matter where the fat is!

Copyright (c) 2009 Athleticbodysystem

Bryan Kavanagh Bsc. CSCS

Find out more

----> http://www.athleticbodysystem.com

For social support and helpful tips and example workouts click below

---> http://myathleticbodyspace.ning.com

8 comments:

private studmuffin said...

i have been with bryan since jan and have lost loads, listen to him, he is THE MAN

freeworkoutguides said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grayhorse said...

Dear Bryan,

It is my pleasure to compare these two blog styles. I am sure you asked me because I have already let it be known how much I detest the destruction of the English language perpetrated by most bloggers!

TO THE POINT - on the whole I liked them both.

The one about toning was very readable, plenty of white space. It did project to me personally.

The one about cheat eating, while being concise and full of content, came over a little more impersonal. While there is lots of "white space" it is actually grey which makes it a little more difficult to read.

I must admit I have ignored the typos.
I hope these comments help.
Have a nice day, regards,
Graham.

Damown said...

Yeah this white one is defo clearer and easier to read.

The grey ones site as a whole is that bit slicker though, maybe change the background to white? Might make it seem less busy..

Contents good in both, I prefer the cheat your way thin article content purely cos it's something new to me and I'm interested in learning about it

Bryan kavanagh said...

thanks guys! i am working on it! i will keep the suggestions in mind. .

Bryan

Unknown said...

Hi, Bryan:

I just checked out your other blog, the Wordpress blog. I left a similar message to this one there. Basically both of the blogs are good. I like this blog because it is easier to read and looks to have more of a personal touch. Wordpress is fine but it loses that personal touch. It looks too much like one of those other sites that are just here to sell. You know, like something that was churned out by a factory.
I guess it's a matter of what you are trying to get across.

Wordpress is very professional looking. Too professional looking almost down right cold. I couldn't wait to get back to this blog. I like the blog spot a lot better. More friendly, more personal.

Sorry. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Charliewall said...

Hi Bryan, I liked them both to be honest.. I am interested to hear your readers find the wordpress one too impersonal as i found the content and subject matter very iteresting/informative and lead me to want to find out more on this subject.
I feel they are both professional looking and didn't find either of them impersonal. I guess you will reach some people just by the very nature of how you write as opposed to what the blog itself looks like.. Which is the reason i read them, as I am interested in what you are saying..
Thanks for bringing these to my attention
Charlie

Bryan kavanagh said...

Thanks charlie! and the rest of you. .